Inspiration and more

Salam alaykum waramatullah wabarakatuhu,

I pray this email meets you in the best of eeman and health. I pray Allah forgives us all our short comings. I apologise for not posting any blog in the past four months. It would not do for me to use a busy lifestyle as an excuse. I thought to seek inspiration for my writing and so I concluded that there was no inspiration therefore there was nothing worth writing about. This thinking is due to foolishness on my part. Be it a big or small activity in my everyday life should inspire love, hope and fear of Allah. If I feel I there isn’t anything in my everyday life to inspire me does that mean I have missed the everyday reminders of Allah and the purpose of my life on earth? If not in my life then I should have seen the manifestation of the signs of Allah in the lives of others or in the daily news from as far as Africa or America?

It does happen that we take the pleasures from this life for granted and we think it is our right and we forget that some don’t share these pleasures no because they don’t want to but they cannot. We should ensure that even though we become immune to the mercy of Allah on us we don’t cease in being grateful and thankful and our salah should remain irrespective of our state of mind.

Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers, etc.) with Him. (Q3:14)

At times we don’t feel ourselves we feel a bit down or we feel we don’t have everything we wish for but remember there was a time when we didn’t have anything at all.

May Allah grant us sabr and may we be of those who are thankful. The blessed month of Ramadan is upon us I pray Allah gives us the strength to fast the full month and may Allah give us the strength and desire to do only that which will please HIM and bring us closer to HIM in this blessed month. Ameen.

O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2). [Observing Saum (fasts)] for a fixed number of days, but if any of you is ill or on a journey, the same number (should be made up) from other days. And as for those who can fast with difficulty, (e.g. an old man, etc.), they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a Miskin (poor person) (for every day). But whoever does good of his own accord, it is better for him. And that you fast, it is better for you if only you know. (Q2:183-184)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A year gone by

Hope and Change

The struggle