Water is ICE

Water is ice
Needed by some
An inconvenience to others
But why have our hearts turned to ice
We no longer feel the pain of others

There was a time when pictures of hungry starving people made me
Cry and cringe
When I hear the news of people killing people for no just reason
I ranted and raved, I cried over spilt blood
People dying all over the world for no just cause
Now I hear these same stories but it seems my heart has lost its ability to feel
I say oh how sad
But the tears no longer come to my eyes
Why has my heart turned to ice?

Do I have it all?
Can I no longer remember what it was like to want what I do not have?
There were times when little things brought tears to my eyes
The behaviour of the squirrel on the grass
The injustice I see and hear
Now I want to shed those tears but it has all turned to ice
I get upset over nothing
O’ my icy heart
When did you become so?

O Allah please bring the tears back to my eyes
Please help me feel the pain of those around me
Let me rise from insensitivity and give me
The ability to contemplate the ayats around me
Let the tears flow from my eyes for the fear of YOU
Let the coolness of my tears humble me
Water like ice
Essential to most

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A year gone by

Hope and Change

The struggle